Job Title: Director
Reports to: President – CALC
The Director of CALC supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, professionalism and commitment to our community.
The Director is the lead manager responsible for program development and implementation, effecting and carrying out programs for fundraising, special events, major gifts and assist in grant writing and projects related to CALC’s mission to serve our community. This position requires close coordination and communication with CALC’s Executive Board and is the liaison between the Board and other community organizations. In addition, this person is required to work successfully with representatives from various communities, organizations and agencies with respect to the diverse populations and cultures, serves and seeks to serve.
Necessary qualifications include:
• Must be fluent in Arabic and Chaldean and English
• Excellent communications skills
• Good written and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively and independently with various levels of organizations, and community leaders and representatives
• Strong leadership qualities and experience
• Ability to effectively represent in its work with diverse communities
• Demonstrated program development and implementation skills.
• Must be multi-lingual (Arabic\Chaldean & English)
• Liaison between clients serviced and Executive Board
• Suggest ways to streamline routine procedures and processes.
• To provide accurate & timely work
• To work effectively and relate well with others; including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Organization.
• Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Able to maintain confidential information.
Responsibilities - Include, but not limited to:
• Work in partnership with community-based providers and administrative and clinical staff to develop and implement programs that promote CALC’s programs
• Develop and promote community relations opportunities. This position is responsible for developing and implementing programs for CALC
o Recruit and direct volunteers in these activities.
o Plan, coordinate and implement programs if needed
• Represent the organization at community meetings. This position serves as a principal representative of the organization, maintaining and developing relationships with key external contacts and the community at large.
• Work with other community-based organizations, insurers, and community coalitions to develop programs, events, and new initiatives that promote CALC’s services and needs.
• The office receives numerous calls ranging from requests to concerns and complaints – must have proper follows up to ensure that each is handled in a timely and optimal manner.
• Attend CALC Advisory Board meetings and report on programs as needed
• Keep the Executive Board informed on programs\projects in process
• Plan and coordinate future programs for CALC
• Work closely with CALC Executive Board to meet the goals & mission of organization
• Manage CALC staff (Office Coordinator & Warehouse Coordinator) and their responsibilities
• Other assignments as they arise