His Excellency Mar Ibrahim N. Ibrahim.
Bishop of St. Thomas the Apostle,
Chaldean Catholic Diocese – U.S.A.
Bishop of the Diocese of St. Thomas the Apostle for the Chaldean, Ibrahim Ibrahim was born on October 1, 1937 in Telkaif, north of Mosul in modern day Iraq. He entered the Chaldean Seminary in Mosul in 1951. After six year of study, he was sent to the Seminary of St. Sulpice in Paris to continue his studies in philosophy and theology. The Bishop is well known for his wisdom and expertise in theology. Bishop Ibrahim speaks and writes Chaldean, Arabic, English, French, and Italian.
Chronology of Service
- December 30, 1962 ordained a priest by Patriarch Paulus II Cheikho.
- 1963 appointed professor of dogmatic theology at the Chaldean Seminary in Baghdad.
- 1964 appointed Rector of the Chaldean Major Seminary in Baghdad.
- 1968 associate pastor at St. Joseph Chaldean Parish in Baghdad.
- 1970 assigned to Telkaif to establish a new seminary college for the Archdiocese of Mosul, Iraq.
- 1972 recruited to Rome as a scholar of theology.
- 1975 earned his doctorate in theology from the Angelicum in Rome. His thesis discussed the Christology of Narsai, a famous Chaldean theologian, writer and poet of the 5th century.
- 1976 returned to St. Joseph Chaldean Parish in Baghdad.
- 1978 assigned to St. Peter Chaldean Parish in San Diego, California in the United States.
- 1979 established St. Paul Chaldean Parish in Los Angeles.
- January 22, 1982 was confirmed by Pope John Paul II to be the first Chaldean Bishop of the U.S.A.
- March 7, 1982 consecrated Bishop in Baghdad.
- April 18, 1982 installation took place in the Chaldean Cathedral in Southfield, Michigan where he currently presides.
From Left to Right:
(Frist Row) Revs.: Sabri Kejbo, Ayad Hanna, Basel Yaldo, Mar Emmanuel III Delly, Mar Ibrahim N. Ibrahim, Emanuel Shaleta, Fadi Habib, Frank Kalabat.
(Second Row) Revs.: Sanharib Youkhana, Toma Azizo, Edward Hanna, Stephen Kallabat, Zouhair Kejbo, Manuel Boji, Benny Bethyadger, Philip Nahim, Wisam Matti, Sulaiman Denha, Abrahim Jirjis, and Daoud Baffro
St. Thomas Chaldean Catholic Diocese
25603 Berg Road
Southfield, MI 48033
Telephone: (248) 351-0440
Facsimile: (248) 351-0443
Protecting Gods Children | Engagement Classes
Rev. Ayad Hanna
In August 2006 Fr. Hanna was asked to attend the U.S. Chaldean Diocese of St. Thomas the Apostle where he would be given the opportunity to further his theological studies and assist the U.S. Chaldean Diocese of St. Thomas the Apostle.
Rev. Ayad J. Hanna (Khanjaro) was born in Baghdad, Ira in 1975. After being accepted into the prestigious Patriarchal Seminary in Baghdad, Fr. Hanna was ordained a priest in 1999. Soon after he elected to return to his Diocese of Amadiya in Northern Iraq, and was selected as pastor of St. George Parish in Mangesh in 2001.